When people are looking for more information and are eager to buy a solution to their problems, who do you think they will buy from:
- Someone they have never heard of, don’t know or trust?
- Someone who looks like an online expert who can offer the solution they need?
You don’t need to be a genius to realize that 2. is the correct answer!
Yet it is constantly surprising that so many marketers go out there and push, push, push to get a sale, any sale, and are upset when they get nowhere.
Naturally, they blame the system, the training that they bought, the product they are trying to sell, anything but themselves.
If only they had taken a step back and looked at how they are seen by potential customers, they might have realized that people only buy from those that they know, like and trust.
And the fastest way to become trustworthy is to show that you are an online expert by delivering the information that people want – painlessly, quickly and authoritatively.
What if you never had to chase people for sales because they were flocking to you?
If that seems like a dream scenario, it really isn’t. It IS a reality just as soon as you become the Online Expert that people trust.
All you have to do is be seen to be the ‘go-to guru’ for the solution that you’re marketing. Forget the product you are promoting. Instead, become a solution provider.
Anyone can go online and search for a product to buy. The problem for them is that there are so many choices. So they need guidance. And that’s where you come in.
Position yourself as an expert
To position yourself as an online expert you obviously need to know your subject. That isn’t hard to do. It just needs a little application.
Do you think that if you devoted a couple of hours a day for, say, a week, to learn about the product that you’re promoting and the solutions that it offered, that you would know more about it than 99% of the people that you meet?
Of course you would.
To become an expert you just need to know something, not everything, about what your prospects are looking for and how you can help them.
Become a student. Go through the training for the product you are promoting, understand how it benefits people, realize how you can actually help people by giving out snippets of information about how the product can help them, and you’ll quickly achieve ‘expert’ status.
Don’t imagine that people know more than you – most of them know a lot less. The more valuable information that you offer people, the more you will be viewed as an online expert.
What are experts known for?
Experts are best known for offering assistance to people who have a problem that they dearly want to solve. If you can offer that solution, people will seek you out and gladly pay you for it.
In the early stages, don’t try to do this all on your own. You’ll quickly become disillusioned and frustrated and lose heart and fail. Buddy up with someone who is steps ahead of you and let them show you what you should be doing and how to do it.
You can even ‘pass down’ the success of your mentor or coach so that, even while you are learning, you will still be viewed as the up and coming student of an acknowledged authority.
5 Steps to Build Authority
These are the basic steps you need to follow to quickly become an authority in your niche…
- Adopt the correct mindset: most of us have limiting beliefs (not good enough, not worthy). Start believing in yourself as you begin to achieve expert status.
- Understand your prospects: you will never know how to offer help and value to people if you don’t know what they are looking for.
- Find your tribe: you cannot appeal to everyone. You need to narrow down where your prospects hang out and how they will find you.
- Attract attention: you won’t get anywhere by hiding yourself away. You need to put yourself out there, whether it is through social media posts, blogging, videos, Tweets or Podcasts.
- Become a Leader: once you’ve achieved a following you’ll have the chance to lead them and let them spread the word.
Whether you’re in affiliate marketing or network marketing, these steps are exactly the same. Bring value to the people who need it, offer people the help they need, and you’ll quickly be seen as an authority in your niche.
Follow a proven process
Following the steps above is one thing, but it’s all too easy to get distracted and try this, that and the other in the vain hope that one of them will work.
This isn’t the way to become successful. In order to attain authority status quickly you must adopt a process that will get you there efficiently and with the least amount of work.
This process will involve:
- Attracting prospects, fans and customers via social media
- Branding yourself as the ‘go-to guru’ that people can trust
- Creating relationships with your followers without feeling ‘salesy’
- Build a tribe of followers and fans and turn them into Buyers
- Closing sales using battle-tested scripts that convert
- Avoid time wasters, and wasting time, by turning the conversation to business in the fastest time possible
Now that, initially, sounds like a tough list to follow, but I can assure you it’s not if you just knuckle down and go about it step-by-step. I know this because I followed this exact blueprint myself and I’ll be happy to guide you through it once you get started here:
Get the Secret Social Blueprint FREE with a 10-day trial membership of the system that I use, complete with the expert mentoring and coaching you need to make sure you become successful and achieve expert status in the shortest time possible.
Get Started Now…and build the confidence and authority you need to become the expert that people turn to.
Get the Secret Social Blueprint FREE with a 10-day trial membership